Sunday, May 20, 2012

Mothers day peach pound cake.


I made this for this past mothers day and I will be making it before the next one!

You can add more peaches if you want, you can nevvvvvvver have enough! This pound cake just reminded me of summer. But whatever you do, don't overbeat it or it will be tough and crumby, just mix enough to be well incorporated.

INGREDIENTS:


1 cup & 2 tbsp. butter2 ½ cups sugar
4 eggs1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract (Mexican vanilla is the best for this cake.)3 cups all-purpose flour.
1 tsp. baking powder
 4 drops orange food coloring (optional.)
1/3 cups sour cream2 cups peaches, peeled, pitted and chopped (yes, you can buy them frozen.)½ tsp. salt 

WHAT TO DO:

Preheat oven to 350 F.
I used a loaf pan because I was home visiting & my mother apparently doesn't own a bundt pan. (Actually I think I stole it.) So I used a loaf pan, doesn't work quite as well but does the job! Grease it up and you can put a little sugar on the pan to make the outside pretty, mix a little brown sugar and regular sugar and just put it all over the pan for a better tasting prettier crust.) Use your mixer and cream the butter, sugar, and sour cream. Continue beating and add eggs one at a time.
Then add flour, baking powder, salt, vanilla then add food coloring if you want too. Then dredge the peaches in flour and add them and stir LIGHTLY. Pour into pan and bake for 45 minutes or until the top is lightly browned. Stick a toothpick and if it comes out clean its done. Let sit for ten to fifteen minutes to come together and then cut & serve. Absolutely fabulous cake!
My mother loved it!




No comments:

Post a Comment