Thursday, May 24, 2012

Garlic parmesan bread sticks

Soft, chewy, delicious.


Now I make Phillip this bacon pasta (which I will post next time I make it most likely). Since I am an avid bread connoisseur and I just so happen to have a lot of bread flour to have fun with I decided to try and replicate little ceasars bread sticks which we can never eat enough of. Once we ate two bags of them in the car on the way home. Who needs the pizza?
Okay, sidetrack over. These breadsticks have been on my mind for awhile and I just happened to remember how badly I wanted them. So here goes it!

WHAT YOU NEED:

2 1/2 cup bread flour
3 tsp. instant yeast
2 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp italian seasonings
1 tsp garlic (minced)
1/2 cup parmesan
2 tbsp butter
1/4 cup hot water
1/2 cup milk
1 egg
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup parmesan

WHAT TO DO:

Now first get your stuff out. I know, you know. But it's important! Anyways, Take your yeast, sugar, italian seasonings, garlic, 1/4 cup parmesan, and salt. Mix all that up well, then add one cup of bread flour and mix it up some more! Then go ahead and add the rest of your flour. In another bowl mix up your egg, hot water, and milk. Slowly pour and mix alternatively in your bowl of dry ingredients. I used my dough hook it can be done by hand as well if you don't have one. Knead for about 2 minutes until well mixed. Then lightly oil a bowl and put it in there, turn it over to coat it all with oil. Then put a damp towel over it and let it rise for an hour until it's about doubled in size. (Mine wasn't quite doubled.
~


That's mine when I set it outside to rise. Just set it in a slightly sunny place and it'll do great.

~
This is after it rose, told you... not exactly doubled.


Once you do that roll it all out on your floured counter top. But don't roll it out completely flat or it won't make puffy breadsticks!

Then brush on butter and parmesan mixture, you'll need a lot!
~
Should look something like that.
Let them rise for 35 minutes.

Preheat your oven to 375 and grease your pan.
Bake them in the oven for 13 minutes. But since ovens are all different watch it carefully!
After that put a little more parmesan on top & butter! They won't last too long, trust me.




Yum, Yum, Yum!!

No comments:

Post a Comment