Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Honey Chipotle chicken crispers!


Yeah, like the ones from chili's.

 

Now these are AMAZING! My husband & I looooovvvve Chili's. Well mostly me, when there's a date night I always suggest it first. Only because these chicken crispers & the ribs they flavor the same. I absolutely had to figure out how to make them.

Now after last weeks angel food cake disaster I've been dying to make something to redeem myself... to myself. I won't go into detail but.. I wasted twelve eggs & I hate wasting things.
Back to the crispers, they are the star of this post!

I've recently started frying things in deep oil. I've always been to much of a sissy to do it. I fried onion rings the other day that were out of this world! Again, sidetracked... Sorry.

WHAT YOU NEED:

1 lb of boneless skinless chicken breast. ( I just used four chicken breast.)
6 cup vegetable oil for frying

FOR THE SAUCE:

2/3 cup honey
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup ketchup
4 tablespoon honey bbq sauce
1-2 tsp of the sauce in chipotles in adobo sauce (Depends on how much heat you want.)
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 tbsp brown sugar

FOR THE BATTER:

1 egg, whisked
 (I only had egg yolks... due to the angel food incident. So I used one of those.)
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder, or minced onion
3/4 cup all purpose flour

FOR THE BREADING:

1 1/2- 2 cup all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp salt
3/4 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder

WHAT TO DO:

Now, to make the sauce. Which is the best part! Combine it all and cook it on the stove until it starts bubbling & then cook for 3 minutes stir it a lot. Then set it aside, by the time you need it, it will of carmelized. (about fifteen minutes.)


TO COOK CHICKEN:
Heat your oil to 350 F.
Whisk together all of your batter ingredients in a bowl.

Then mix together all your breading ingredients in a shallow pan.

Cut the chicken into little strips or bite size pieces.


Let the chicken sit in the batter for about ten minutes if you have time.
Take it out and cover it in flour to coat completely.

Then drop it in your oil when it's ready. Should do something like this. ~

Let fry for about four to six minutes or until medium brown. Cook about six at a time. You can flip them over halfway through if you'd like.
Let them sit on a paper-towel covered plate for five minutes. Pour the sauce over them and serve hot.

For dipping they go best with ranch dressing.

By the way, SO GOOOOOOOD!



No comments:

Post a Comment