Monday, June 18, 2012

Peanut-butter poke cake


Once upon a time, there was a mother with a five month old baby who loved cake more than anyone in the land....

 That's me by the way.


I would bake a cake every single day of my life if I could & yes, I'd eat the entire thing too! So I've decided to start making all my cakes small. 8x8 small. So when I do eat the whole thing I don't have to hate myself for a week. Really though, no one should feel bad about eating this cake.
You can make it with just about regular pantry items, which is what I like about it.

WHAT YOU NEED:

1 cup sugar
2/3 cup all purpose flour
1/3 cup cake flour
1 large egg
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup creamy peanut butter

Icing:

1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
3 tbsp milk
2 cup powdered sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup butter

Combine the sugar & flours in a bowl and whisk well.
In your mixing bowl add your eggs, baking soda, and sour cream.
In a small sauce pan combine peanut-butter, butter, and water.
Then pour the flour mixture & the peanut butter mixture into the mixing bowl and mix until just incorporated.
~ the sour cream mixture ~

 ~ the batter once it's mixed ~

Preheat oven to 400.
Pour into greased 8x8 pan, and bake for 25 minutes.

Now onto the poke cake part... this wasn't a planned poke cake. I broke it yall. But I like poke cake so it was okay! Again with the cooking spray, I hate buying it. I'm going to have too. So the bottom part was broken, I poked lots of holes in it & fixed my problems. (:


Now make the icing.
Butter, peanut-butter & milk in a small saucepan. Bring to a rolling boil and stir constantly. Take off burner, add powdered sugar & vanilla and mix well.

~ the icing mixture ~

Pour over the cake while both are still warm.

Now you have a delicious peanut butter poke cake!

Behooooooolllld the ugly cake~


Mmmm, yes I ended up eating the entire thing myself.

Silly husband not liking peanut-butter. CRAZY!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment