Sunday, July 8, 2012

A man's kind of fried rice!

Why is this a man's sort of fried rice?
It's vegetable free.
(:




Let me begin with the fact that I am not against veggies in any way, love them!

I'm married... that's where I went wrong in my love of veggies. (Just kidding about that part.) If my husband could eat steak and apple-pie everyday I think he would. Which I mean, sounds good huh? BUT he's on a strictly no vegetables but corn diet... for his entire life.

And recently I decided I wanted some AWESOME fried rice, and I'm picky when it comes to fried rice. Not too greasy, not too soggy, not too dry, a little sticky. Blah, blah, blah.

So for three days we ate fried rice in many different ways. This was by far the best.



WHAT YOU NEED:

2 cups jasmine rice, cooked.
(regular is fine, jasmine is better... also if you can... steam it!!)

Roughly 4 1/2 tbsp toasted seasame oil
3 eggs
1 1/2 chicken breast
1 large sweet onion
1/4 cup soy sauce + 1 tbsp
~ All my spices are always to taste, so these are estimates. ~
2  cloves garlic
1/4 tsp garlic salt
2 tbsp sirracha chili sauce
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp chili powder. (can be totally left out for more chili sauce, worth it.)



Who makes this so tasty?
~

That's who.


Now on to what to do!


WHAT TO DO:

First cook all your rice.
Then spread it out on a cookie sheet or jelly roll pan and put it in the freezer for about fifteen minutes or until it's cold to the touch. (This is when it's ready to use, it should feel cold.)

Like so~

Now as I always say, cut up your chicken and onions, the smaller they both are the better so dice them really well.
~

Scramble your eggs in a small bowl, then cook in a seperate pan and set aside.
~

You want them just a tiny bit over-cooked it makes the fried rice better, promise.

Now cook your chicken and onions covered in all your spices and sirracha in a large pan, once cooked add your eggs.


Then add all the rice.

Then sesame oil.

Then soy sauce.

Fry for about five to nine minutes or until all the rice is browned and lightly caramel colored, if it's not browned add a little more soy sauce.

~
~

And now you should probably go make this.

& eat it immediately.
mmm.





No comments:

Post a Comment