Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Risky Roast!

Cooking is an art. 
Food is so easy to ruin & I've done it my share of times. 
Ask my poor husband who has to eat it all.....
I've ruined pizza, brownies, rolls, plain ole' chicken. You name it & I've messed it up some time or other. Barbacoa is one of those things I'm going to keep ruining.


This roast was not one of those times.
Garlic herb & Parmesan perfection.

I however don't own a roasting pan & now that I've done this I will probably never buy one.
I put a plain metal rack over my iron skillet.

Works perfectly.

I filled my skillet up with baby carrots, onion, garlic, and shallots.
Oh yeah, and butter.

The thing about roasting a chicken is you don't want it to be simmering in juices and for it to get soggy on the bottom. Ick.
All the liquid needs to drip out and help cook your veggies.
The tough part is that you still want your chicken to be juicy.

I found the balance.

WHAT YOU NEED:

1 whole chicken, cut up if your lazy like me.
1/4 cup parmesan
salt & pepper
4 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp minced garlic & juices. (I use the store bought minced garlic in a glass jar and poured a lot of the juices on my chicken.)
Paprika
Cayenne pepper
I squeezed a tiny bit of orange juice over the whole thing
Thyme
Parsley
Rosemary
Garlic powder

***All my seasonings are always to taste, I never measure. I usually just guess when there are measurements on here.

WHAT TO DO:

I let my chicken sit in the fridge for about three hours uncovered to help the skin dry out.
Pat dry with a paper-towel.
Brush on olive oil.
Coat chicken in seasonings.

Let sit out an additional hour.

Dice up some butter and place them on your chicken pieces enough to cover your chicken when it melts.

This is what mine looked like~

 
Yes, I'll tell you about that awesome bread soon too!


Preheat oven to 400.

Stick in your chicken and bake for 35-40 minutes.

Mine was in pieces already so it baked faster.

Broil your chicken for an additional 5-8 minutes.
WATCH CAREFULLY.

& You have a crispy delicious roasted chicken.


Yay!


***I forgot to take pictures when it was done, but trust me. So good. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment