Friday, October 19, 2012

Can you really ever have enough peanut-butter?

Silly question. 
The answer is no. 


Let me tell you why I'm here today.

My original plan was to tell you about this perfect apple pie recipe I concocted.

Alas, I decided it was best to get this information out first!

Do you remember that delicious peanut-butter cake I talked about awhile back? 
I've fixed, tweaked and perfected this week.
A friend of mine was asking me about the recipe and it reminded me of how badly I needed to bake it. 
Today, it couldn't wait any longer. 
Buuuuut last time it didn't quite meet up to my dense, perfect memories I tried to create it from. 

We used to have this cake in high-school and I LOVED it. 
That's where the idea originated from the first time. 


Anyways, my cake was a tad to airy and light, and the icing wasn't spot on. It tasted the same, it just didn't mesh well. In my mouth. 
So I fixed it. 
The batter is a little thicker. 
The cake holds better.
The icing sticks and is a little denser. 
In other words, my minor tweaks worked out great. 



So here it is. 

I used a little smaller of a pan also this time, two 5x5 pans I believe. 

Oh yeah and I sprayed them THOROUGHLY.
Still baked at 400 degrees for 25 minutes.

In the cake I changed:
Light sour cream. 
I replaced 2 1/2 tbsp of my sugar with dark brown sugar.
I added 1/2 tbsp of nesquick in my peanut-butter stove-top mixture.
I used all-purpose flour with only about 2 tbsp of cake flour. (which was unnecessary, I just had that much left so I used it.)
I also added about 1/2 tsp vanilla to my stove-top peanut-butter mixture.

In the icing I changed:
I only used 2 1/4 tbsp of milk.
I used 1 1/4 cup of powdered sugar.
3 tbsp butter.
About about two spoonfuls of peanut butter less than the recipe calls for.


I recommend you make these changes in the cake if you decide to make it, it's much much better. 

Seeeeeeeeeeeeee~

No comments:

Post a Comment