Friday, July 27, 2012

The untraditional approach to enchilada night!

I kind of came up with these because we didn't have enough cheese.
But they are by far the best enchilada I have ever made. ( I don't often cook hispanic food. )

ANNNNND I was so hungry I forgot to take lots of pictures but you'll get it, it's easy.


WHAT YOU NEED:

Enough tortillas to feed you & your family
1/2 stick butter
2 large chicken breast
1/3 cup sour cream
1/4 cup salsa
2 tsp ranch powder, or 3 tsp ranch dressing. ( Powder works best here.)
about 2 cups of cheese. ( I mixed chedder jack with about 1/4 cup white cheese.)

1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp cumin
I also used about 2 1/2 tbsp fajita seasoning I happened to have
1/8 tsp sage, or just kind of a little sprinkle.
salt & pepper to taste



Sear your chicken breast.

If you've never done this:
Don't put anything in the pan and let it heat for a few minutes.
Throw your DRY seasoned chicken in the pan, it should immediately sizzle.

Cook it like so on both sides for about 4 minutes. Don't let it blacken, you just want it nice and dark brown.

Then take it off and let it cool enough to touch. Or use a fork for this next step.
Shred your chicken as much as you can.
However if your like me and can NEVER shred anything correctly.... just tear it up.

Like so, and cook until done. It should be a pretty golden color.

Then in that pan add your sour cream, ranch, and cheese.
Like so ~
Yeah, it's good though! Pinky swear.

Fry your tortillas lightly in butter until they are warm and easy to fold.
This folding process is something new to me, I've never been able to do it right.
Well you may already know but I'm sharing my breakthrough with you guys anyways!

Lay it flat in whatever you plan to cook it in. (Lightly greased to be safe.)
Fill it with some of the mixture.
Fold the top and bottom of the tortilla in on top of the mixture then tightly fold the other two sides over them. Yay!

Lay them smooth side up in your pan and they should be touching.
Like so~

(I forgot to fry mine this night, don't judge me.)
Cover in salsa or cheese to your liking.

Preheat oven to 350.
Cook for 15-20 minutes to melt the cheese inside.

Enjoy.
<3



No comments:

Post a Comment